Wednesday 29 May 2013

How elegant!

I seem to be flabbergasted at how beautifully diverse nature is on a daily basis. 


 I noticed this bird for the first time this morning. 



I have no idea what it can be and can't look it up on the Internet, since my connection is bush-slow these days. I'll come back with identification if and when learned (and connected) friends or readers help me put a name on this elegant specimen.


I did some research using Google image (ghana+bird) and a list of birds seen in Shai Hills Nature Reserve, a stone throw from where I am, and came up with a possible I crossed checked with Google image again (using the scientific name) and www.oiseaux.net, until I was quite satisfied I was on the right track: meet the White-throated Bee-eater / Merops albicollis / Guêpier à gorge blanche.

No comments: