Thursday 1 January 2009

A very happy New Year 2009 to all of you!


Out with 2008, it's folded and packed away for good now...



This morning I went to the Military Hospital to take pictures of a huge bat colony. I cannot begin to imagine how many they are, but I would say several thousands. Tens of thousands maybe. Very, very impressive. I took a lot of pictures, about 50, but finally decided to post only one, as a symbol of the end of last year. Folded, closed, over and done with.

Here comes 2009, full of hopes and new beginnings!


Back home, I discovered that in the one tree growing in my diminutive patio, there was one very visible nest (I am aware of several, but only this one is easy to see). I took a picture and when I zoomed on it on my computer, I was surprised to realise there was at least a bird in it. (yes, bottom left, can you see its head?) Here I had my Happy New Year metaphor all written graphically for me by nature: old things folded, new things emerging.

Happy New Year to you all! I'm delighted with nature and its surprises and it seems very much that I'll keep deriving a lot of happiness from these chance encounters with the many exemples of perfection, quirks and mysterious occurrences it offers daily to anybody paying a little attention.

No comments: