Thursday 3 October 2013

Catching up?


The rain seems to be doing double duty today, catching up after a few worryingly dry months. The area is flooded as far as the eye can see. I just called someone I was supposed to meet early morning tomorrow, to tell them I won't be able to make it. They found it strange, because they are only 20 km away and not a drop fell where they are. Well, call me a liar if you want...

Far left is the baobab tree those who are familiar with my corner of the bush are accustomed to. Something is missing in the picture: the hills behind the baobab tree are completely hidden by clouds/sheets of pelting rain.


This is what I would have to cross to reach the road if I had to go out anytime soon. A strong stream before the fence foundation, and another just outside it. The rest of the land is under a few inches of water.


I'm told the electricity poles are buried 6 ft inside the ground. That's a relief. This one is about 10 ft inside my boundary. Beyond is where the two above mentioned streams merge.


More of the same (it's sort of fascinating), with a glimpse of the flooded land on the other side of the road.



A friendly reminder: although I feel very flattered when you appreciate my pictures, they are mine and mine only and you are NOT allowed to repost, copy or reuse in any way without my prior written permission. Thank you!

No comments: