Sunday 13 October 2013

What a photo-op looks like in our neck of the... bush.


We were inspecting our new (unfinished) building and realised we were not alone.


In fact when we came upon the beast, it was swallowing a gecko in the middle of the room, but by the time I had run to the main house and come back with my camera, this was what I was able to catch of the action.


Can you see the swelling? That's probably where the gecko had reached by then.


I don't have the faintest idea what type of snake it can be, if it's venomous or anything, but I couldn't help marvelling at the sleekness and the perfection of appearance and movement.


(meanwhile, my partner was much less impressed and was rather hesitating between killing the animal, or running away).


Obviously we had disturbed the snake's meal and sent it in a quest for privacy to digest a (surely) hard-earned gecko.


It was not extremely big, and I found it difficult to be seriously afraid, but I wouldn't mind to be told what it was, and if it's dangerous.

A friendly reminder: although I'm tickled pink any time you express appreciation for my pictures, they are mine and mine alone, and you are NOT allowed to repost, copy or reuse them in any way without my prior written permission. Thank you!


No comments: