Saturday 19 November 2016

Garden in the making - Day One


Today I started landscaping work in earnest. Being a single mother of two, including one special needs child and a baby with a high fever for a few days now, things didn't go as fast or as far as I was hoping, but I'm pretty pleased with what I was able to do. At least, the plants that came without a soil ball attached are now planted and will hopefully survive.

I started with a ficus benjamina hedge between the main gate and the door. It gives me a good notion of how many I'll need in fine. Nothing much to see so far. Tomorrow hibiscus, crotons and other plants will come in behind the (future) hedge. And philodendrons will be planted left and right of the gate. Hopefully.


Then I started with the farthest part of the garden, where the hose doesn't reach and I used drought-resistant plants there. I traced squares and alternated them so that I'll be able to fill with different plants once I'm done with those I bought this week.


I'm rather pleased with the result even though it doesn't look like much yet.


 


No comments: