Wednesday 25 April 2018

Beautiful sunbird


If you visit me any morning, you are bound to see my eyes wander around and, sometimes, just ask you to hold what you were about to say for a second or a minute to give me time to grab my camera. There are so many interesting birds around, I literally don't know where to look.

This morning, while chatting with a relative, I glimpsed a sunbird I was not sure I could identify more specifically. I've discovered over time that there are several types gracing the flowers in my garden. I quickly grabbed my camera and took a couple of pictures.


Then it was a matter of figuring out which member of the large sunbird family it is. I am still not sure, but I'm tentatively identifying it as a female Beautiful sunbird / Cinnyris pulchellus / Souïmanga à longue queue.


A friendly reminder: although I'm tickled pink when you appreciate my posts, I do much less enjoy seeing people reusing my copyrighted material without contacting me first. Please ask for permission. It's nice, and it's the law. Thank you!

No comments: