Monday 29 August 2016

Flowers galore!


Yesterday I took advantage of the overcast weather before the rain and had an excellent walk along disused rail tracks in Agbodrafo, Togo. I saw a lot of birds of all sorts, none really new to me but in their quantity and willingness to be approached, and quite a few interesting plants too. Unfortunately, I had gone out without my camera. I decided that I would retrace my steps at the earliest opportunity, which happened to be mid-morning today after the rain stopped. Excellent news for the farmers! it was the first rain in almost two months.

I first came across a bush that didn't seem very interesting at first sight but taking a closer look, I saw flowers of different colours blooming on the same stem. This surprised me, because it didn't really look like they were at different stages of development. I took pictures and hope I will be able to identify the plant and find an explanation for this oddity.



A bit farther on, another type of flower caught my eye. I found this 'long-haired' style quite intriguing. Again, I don't have the faintest idea how it is called...




I thought I would devote one post to the flora I saw on my walk, and another to the fauna, but the next plant, I think, deserves a post of its own. Stay tuned!

A friendly reminder: appreciating is welcome, copying is not. Please contact me if you want to use any materials posted on this blog. Not only it will be the nice, polite way of doing things, but it will also keep you on the right side of the copyright laws. Thank you!

No comments: