Wednesday 24 August 2016

Variable sunbird


I took a few more pictures of what I thought was the same bird as posted recently here, the bird sitting and feeding on the exactly same bush as previously. Looking at them more closely on my computer, I was surprised to see this bird had a yellow belly, which would make my first identification wrong. Then I went back to my previous post and realised that the bird I first snapped was actually a different, dark-bellied, sunbird.

Allow me to introduce a Variable sunbird / Cinnyris venustus / Souimanga à ventre jaune. I'm more excited to find so much variety in this place than I can ever describe. Bird enthusiasts will understand, though.



A friendly reminder: taking pictures and posting them here for the enjoyment of all is my pleasure. Discovering they were used elsewhere without my permission is not. Please contact me if you want to use anything that was posted on this blog. Thank you!

No comments: