Friday 26 August 2016

Rainbow lizard


I never thought it could be interesting to some to see pictures of such a common sight as a rainbow lizard. Then I remembered what is common here may not be common everywhere. And this Rainbow lizard / Agama agama / Margouillat is rather striking! I learnt something too: I always assumed the male was colourful and the female drabber, but I read today that the male becomes colourful only in the breeding season. I'll assume that the following are actually female (ladies first!) and male, since it wouldn't make a lot of sense to me if all males didn't experience breeding season more or less at the same time. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!



A friendly reminder: please contact me if you want to use any materials posted on this blog. It's polite, and it will keep you on the right side of the law. Thank you!

No comments: